We are looking for a marketing strategist to work across the agency to identify unmet needs, goals, opportunities and challenges of our clients. You will oversee the development and execution of a plan centred around our clients business and marketing objectives. You will play a key role in helping cross-functional teams develop and evolve ideas to bring together brand goals, marketing objectives and customer needs.
Hallam is an award-winning digital marketing agency, based in Nottingham, that helps brands thrive in a digital world. We partner with clients of all sizes across a range of sectors to deliver work that gets results, including international brands such as United Nations and Speedo. We have grown to employ more than 50 talented specialists with diverse experiences and broad skill sets.
Who we're looking for
- You must have wide knowledge of marketing communications channels but approach each situation objectively. You will excel at out-of-the-box thinking and be media neutral in your approach at reaching our clients business goals.
- You will be able to understand our clients customers and how they interact with marketing communications. You will stay up to date with latest trends in the digital world before anyone else does and they closely follow trends related to how consumers are accessing information online.
- You will be a highly communicative team player, not easily intimidated by data, and able to unearth insights across disciplines to inform strategic planning.
- You will be skilled at brainstorming, deadline driven, organised and detail obsessed.
Nuts and bolts requirements
- Mastery of marketing principles, such as segmentation, positioning, and brand strategy.
- Proficiency with theory behind SEO, Paid Media, Programmatic, Email, Analytics, CRO/UX, and Social Media
- Exceptional written and verbal skills to meet client-side expectations
- Experience in a strategic marketing role as well as a proven track record of channel specific expertise and results
- Experience across both B2B, B2C markets
- Experience across multiple verticals and ability to apply learnings in complimentary markets
- Advise on strategy and direction for our clients and build relationships at a senior level
- Identify future risks/opportunities and how to approach these with delivery teams
- Lead on new business and play a key role as part of the pitch squad
- Highlights specialisms and products that need to be developed or improved
- Perform detailed desk based research into our clients, their category, and competitors across multiple markets
- De-construct competitive best practices in digital marketing and benchmarking
- Conduct audits to map our clients online presence and assess the effectiveness of each channel
- Work closely with the various specialists involved with the implementation and management of our marketing strategies
- Identify opportunities for clients to use digital technology to enhance their overall marketing activity
- Analyse web traffic and channel performance to uncover trends
- Identify new channels we could use for lead / revenue generation
- Research latest digital marketing tools and technologies and be recognised as an expert both internally and by our clients
- Display solid commercial acumen and ensure you're focused on both strategic, commercial conversations with our clients as well as in-depth recommendations
Hallam is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, we highly encourage applicants from BAME and LGBTQ+ communities. Being an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, colour, gender, or disability.
Although Hallam HQ is located in Nottingham, we welcome applicants from across the UK as we're set up to work from anywhere.